Letters & Emails from Elder Smith. Marshall has been called to serve in the Arizona Tempe Mission.

Letters and Emails from Elder Smith. Marshall has been called to serve in the Arizona Tempe Mission.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

1st week in AZ...a little chilly


14 January 2012

Elder Wind & Elder Smith
Welllll it has been a fast and slow first week. Sometimes time flies and sometimes it seems as though I'm stuck in time.  Its weird. My trainer is Elder Wind.  He's from SLC area. He has been out for about a year now and is a great missionary and even better trainer.  I have been so blessed to have him help me and guide me in the beginning of this journey.  He's also district leader.  I am serving in the Gilbert 21 area.  I don't know where the Heidens lived but we cover four wards. Durango, Cornerstone, Bridlegate, and Cameron Ranch. All in the Gilbert Highland East Stake.  We don't really have any solid "gators" (investigators) because Elder Winds comp had to go home due to injury so he hasn't been in the area to do any finding. So that's basically what we have been doing this last week.  Talking to everyone we see and trying to set up appointments.  We have taught a few lessons but we never seem to get a return appt which is a real bum deal. Also its a bum deal because the weather has been record cold this last week.  Like last night we were riding home in 25 degrees.  Its been pretty chilly.  Luckily on of the ward mission leaders is a glove manufacturer so he hooked me up real nice like.  
Elder Kelley & Elder Smith

They call me Biggy Shawty on the block because I roll so fly on my brand new Trek 3700 which is a beaut.  Decked out with front and rear lights for saftey....AWWW YEAAAHHHHH. Lookin' Goodddd :) Its a really nice bike. 

I got "anti'd" as they call it.  I went up to this guy and started talking to him and he asked me if I had seen God.  Then it just went to a stupid conversation and I felt like I was trying to debate something with Kip.... so you know that conversation was going no where.  But the members down here are so nice.  

We get fed every night and last night we had big ol' fatty steaks and they were the bestttttttttt, and the night before I was on exchanges with Elder Dolney and some members took us out to eat. Also after Zone teaching on Tuesday a few elders and I went to Wendy's and some lady paid for all of us it was so nice of her.  But we live in an apartment with Elder Dolney and Elder Perez, they are the zone leaders.  Elder Perez is from Spain and has a funny accent.  He also just got dear john-ed on Monday and said he wants Kayla to write him so make sure she gets word of that. 


So overall its been a great week.  I love just getting out and talking to everyone.

Well I love you all and miss you!!

Love
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment