Letters & Emails from Elder Smith. Marshall has been called to serve in the Arizona Tempe Mission.

Letters and Emails from Elder Smith. Marshall has been called to serve in the Arizona Tempe Mission.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Oh Transfers...

29 July 2013

Two weeks in a row...I'm on a roll!-Deb



Welllll last night we got transfer calls..... and once again I will be whitewash training. I just want to be with a companion for more than six weeks and in an area for like six months so i can really get into the work and get some stuff going. Maricopa has been awesome though. Only here for 4.5 months but it was really successful and I loved every second of it. This whole mission thing really teaches me how I need to align God's will with mine. I don't want to be transferred. I will miss Elder B. I will miss Maricopa, but I know that Heavenly Father has more in store somewhere else. Somewhere I need to be to learn and grow so I will go and do. Hopefully I will learn and do what I am supposed to do in the new area. And I will be training again. I do like training. It's fun. So far after I got trained I have been a trainer. I hope it continues like that because I really like new missionaries. They are so gung ho about the work and it us super fun.

As for N. he got baptized on Saturday. It was a really cool service. His girlfriend and her family made it down and the dad did the baptizing and confirming. The spirit was super strong during the confirmation. Really incredible. 

We also started teaching a 17 year old boy on Friday who has come to church 3 times with his friend. He accepted the baptismal date of Aug 3. So another baptism this weekend. Too bad I wont be there. oh well.

Aside from that it has been alot of trying to find. We got a few referrals so hopefully something good will come of those. 

On Friday we had a visit to make but since it is the end of the month we are almost out of miles for our car so we had to bike like 20 miles to go make this visit in what felt like the worst head wind of my life. It sucked so bad and my butt hurt soooo bad after that. but it was an adventure so it was good. We have been working with a lady that got excommunicated a few years ago and decided she wanted to come back to churhc. She is doing really good and is really working hard on doing whats right. She is still trying to quit smoking but that will come. What is even cooler is to see her 15 year old son getting really excited to start coming back to church and reading the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. It sounds like he is preparing for a mission now. Super cool. I am going to miss Copa'. 

How is all back home? Sounds like everything is going good. I hope you all are doing well.

Well I love you all and pray for you

Love

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment